Progress of Crazyflie
It is about time we post an update about the progress of the crazyflie kit. We are actively working on an improvement of our crazyflie quadcopter that we hope can be sold as a kit. The following bulletin is what we can say so far about the development.
- The schematic for the new version is done and the PCB is about to be closed. We have decided to use analog sensors to have better control over sampling points even though it requires three separate chips instead of one. It may sound like yesterdays technology but since they don’t make 6 DOF in one package with analog outputs we just have to stick with that for now.
- We now have a single-board design. It means that the radio is integrated on the main board and not as an extension board soldered in an angle. This will save some precious weight.
- The LiPo charger has been upgraded. We now use a micro-b-usb connector for charging and it can also be used for software upgrades.
- We added an extension port with power, I2C, SPI. It is a trough hole 1.27mm pitch header which means the extension board can be mounted on either side. The same header also contains the ARM 10-pins JTAG interface.
- We are preparing a Wiki on which all the copter documentation will be shared.
- We are still dedicated to release the full source code under a free software license.
/The copter team
PS. We received information about the fact that someone is selling “our copter”, using our photos and videos, on a famous Chinese shopping website. He apparently has quite a lot in stock so we are wondering why we put so much work on this copter, we could just buy a couple of those, right? No, don’t be fooled by such scam, when a kit is available, we will definitely post it here first! .DS